If you’re a nature lover and can’t live without forests, rivers, and other earth miracles, the works of a Japanese-Canadian sculptor, Mori Kono, are just what you need to see. To remind you of our planet’s wonders and its inhabitants, in particular, this wood artist turns ordinary logs into adorable forest animals that seem to be crawling right out from the trees.
Enlighten invites you to take a look at 18 of Mori Kono’s creations that might change your opinion about the art of wood carving.
18. “Hang in there, I’m coming!”
17. Going out for the first time after a long winter of sleep
16. “Hey, is it nighttime already?”
15. A climbing lesson
14. Soaking up the sun
13. A pensive mood
12. “Here’s my gift to you.”
11. The circle of eternal love
10. “Hello, world!”
9. Getting ready for the winter season
8. “Is my treat on the top?”
7. “Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your long hair!”
6. Home sweet home
5. Be careful, this piranha can bite.
4. Family reunion
3. Waiting for the daddy raccoon to come home from work
2. The incredible transformation of this bear
1. “Look, Mommy! I’m almost flying!”
Which pieces of Mori Kono’s art impressed you the most? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments!