“A tattoo is something permanent when you’ve made a self-discovery or something you’ve come to a conclusion about,” Angelina Jolie once said. When making an appointment with a tattoo artist, we may have various goals: to get more individuality, immortalize something, or conceal an imperfection. Still, most paintings on our bodies can represent a certain chapter in our lives and serve as a reflection of our inner world.
We at Enlighten like to find unique and original tattoos. And even more so, we like to learn the stories hiding behind these images and share them with our readers.
1. “I had a tattoo done for each one of my fur babies and 1 to grow on.”
pitbullmom91 / Reddit
2. “This is my first tattoo that is helping me to overcome my anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder.”
AlyssonFromBrazil / Reddit
3. “A reminder that life is constantly in motion and that I also need to keep moving forward and progressing in all areas of my life”
Axyyz_1776 / Reddit
4. “This is a fragment of a puzzle from 1973 that I used to put together with my grandmother when I was young.”
Dream-Head / Reddit5. “A tattoo for my fiancé who proposed to me in Fern Canyon”
urlocalveggie / Reddit6. “My first tattoo! It’s a clarinet designed by my father.”
BaleineBleue_ / Reddit
7. “In memory of my childhood best friend, couldn’t be happier.”
_allyp / Reddit
8. “Got my first tattoo yesterday. It’s from my favorite movie franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean. I’ve wanted it since my early teen years, and now I’m 21 and finally got it.”
danabk / Reddit
9. “My coworker’s tattoo lines up perfectly, even when their arm is bent.”
oodlesofschmoodles / Reddit10. This tattoo depicts all The Simpsons family members.