If you want to feel in love again for the first time, just look at a piece of art. Research suggests that your brain naturally feels pleasure when it sees art, giving you the same emotions you feel when you’re in love. This happens because giving meaning to a work of art triggers the release of dopamine, a chemical that activates happiness in your brain.
So prepare to feel in love, because Enlighten has assembled a selection of incredible sculptures that will make you smile.
1. She even looks like she’s meditating.
ArtParks International2. These are each made from hundreds of wires.
3. — I can sing. What’s your talent?
— I can make stone look like a delicate veil.
Shhewitt / Wikimedia Commons4. This is made out of wood, all of it…
Tom EckertTom Eckert5. A XXI century Buddha
6. That’s not water.
7. That’s quite an outfit.
8. She’s carrying the weight of the oceans on her shoulders.
9. A different type of wood carving
10. They can see right through me…
11. We all need some support every once in a while.
12. We didn’t even realize grandma was made out of clay.
13. We bet this reminds you of another work of art.
<-31">Shaffer Fine Art Gallery14. Prepare to warm your heart.
15. Just a seemingly impossible-to-get Michael Jackson shadow.
16. The Miraculous Journey is an art installation in Doha that documents the development of human life.
AFP / East News17. A whole landscape around her face
Taobao18. This is what freedom looks like.
19. The goldfish is missing. Wait, what?
20. We’re sure physics plays a role. Which one? No idea…
Bonus: Digital art. Welcome to 2090.
Which sculpture was your favorite? What do you think makes them so magnificent? If you know of any more works of art that should be included on this list, share them with us!