Everyday things can sometimes be improved with just a little add-on that can turn an ordinary thing into something really cool, useful, or possibly even adorable. Designers possess this superpower — they can turn a typical bench into one on rails, sheltering you from the sun. Other times, they go all in and transform a corporate building into a library — all we can say is we appreciate designers and their really smart, innovative ideas.
We at Enlighten love when designers use their ingenuity to everyone’s advantage and we found some examples that we hope you’ll love. Make sure to check our bonus section out for a little surprise that will warm your heart — literally!
1. “They put rails under the benches in this park so you can always be in the shade.”
shewalkinglikea / Reddit
2. “My hotel phone in Iceland has a special button that will wake you up if there are Northern Lights in the sky.”
KristjanHrannar / Reddit
3. A futuristic-looking building with a bookshelf
DoWidzenya / Reddit
4. This suitcase can measure its own weight.
Rimbo90 / Reddit
5. “This shopping cart has a magnifying glass attached to it.”
YamhillScrub / Reddit
6. Band-Aids for different skin tones
Frings_Chicken_House / Reddit
7. Scratch-off pill bottles — so you’ll never forget to take your vitamins.
rickystoch / Instagramstudiofundi / Instagram
8. Adorable milk carton packaging designed by Vera Zvereva
9. “This sorbet uses fruit rinds for cups.”
M0RALVigilance / Reddit
10. The donut rug
11. “My piano from 1885 has a hidden pop-out candle holder.”
kermityfrog / Reddit
12. “These glasses are designed so you can carry several at the same time.”
soulrelic616 / Reddit
13. “This table has been designed so it leaves heart-shaped imprints on your carpet.”
<-31">Davoserinio / Reddit
14. “My protein powder scoop is designed to sit on a lip just under the lid… so you don’t have to reach into the powder to grab it.”
<-33">Jbinksy / Reddit
15. These socks are labeled so you can put them on right.
<-35">meatybone / Reddit
16. This parrot-shaped bottle opener
waynology / Reddit
17. “My new sandal has a built-in bottle opener.”
lookatthebr1ghtside / Reddit