From time to time, we all face different insignificant issues while cooking. A piece of eggshell that gets in the batter or a piece of beef that you forgot to take out of the freezer to defrost for dinner can easily spoil your mood. In this article, we’ve collected some tips that can help you avoid these and many other problems while cooking.
Enlighten has collected various tricks that help us to save time and make our lives better which is why we are excited to share them with you today!
20. Perfect fried eggs
After you crack an egg, cut the white along the line of the yolk so that the white spreads evenly. Cover a frying pan with a lid and get perfect fried eggs with firm whites and a runny yolk.
19. Another egg recipe
Spill 1-2 tbsp of water on the edge of the rim of a frying pan and cover it with a lid. The water will turn into steam and cook the tops of the eggs. The whites and the yolks will remain liquid.
18. The perfect marination
Experienced cooks recommend marinating meat or fish in bags so that the marinade covers the whole product evenly. A vacuum sealing machine will make the process even quicker but if you don’t have one, you can use a simple straw: just suck the air out through it.
17. Fried chicken just like KFC’s
To make the chicken breading just like the kind at KFC, add some oats to the crumbs.
16. How to keep a cutting board from slipping
To keep a cutting board from slipping, cooks recommend to put a wet towel under it, wrap your hand with a few layers of a plastic wrap, take off the resulting ring, and put 4 of them under each angle of your cutting board.
15. Roast potatoes without any oil.
allthekos / reddit
Experienced cooks recommend this method:
- Parboil potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Mix some plain flour, crushed garlic, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
- Put your potatoes in the bowl and shake it so they are all coated in the mixture.
- Bake in the oven.
14. Oatmeal porridge without cooking
If you pour some milk in a bowl with oatmeal porridge and put it in the fridge in the evening, by the morning time, you’ll have a porridge that you can heat up and eat.
13. What you should remember about knives
Experienced cooks confirm: the sharper a knife is, the safer it is.
- A dull knife is more likely to slip rather than cut smoothly.
- A sharp knife requires much less pressure to cut into an item.
To keep your knife from dulling, don’t cut products on glass cutting boards or plates and never cut salt — it damages the blade’s edge.
12. Getting cappuccino foam without using any necessary equipment
Leela Cyd / thekitchn
To froth milk for a cup of cappuccino, you don’t need a coffee machine. Here are 2 easy methods:
- Pour the milk in a jar with a lid and shake it (don’t forget that the amount of milk will increase). Then you microwave it for 30 seconds to stabilize the foam so that it gets firm. Then you’ll be able to put it in your coffee.
- Heat the milk in the microwave oven and shake it with the help of a French press.
11. How to thaw a frozen steak without a microwave oven in 5 minutes
To thaw an average-sized steak in 5 minutes you’ll need:
- 2 metal pots
Turn over one of the pots and put a steak at the bottom. Place another pot right on the steak and pour water in it. In 5 minutes, your steak will be defrosted.
This trick can easily be explained. Metals conduct heat really well, so if you just put meat on an aluminum surface, it’ll be thawed faster. The other water weighted pot expands the contact area between the meat and the warm surface and the process speeds up.