A typical cleaning session at home consists of cleaning dust, wiping down the stove, sanitizing the bathroom, and washing the floor. Sometimes we pay attention to smaller details and clean lamps and radiators. But more often than not, we overlook these things and the coziness of our place disappears over time.
The Enlighten team has made a list of 17 things to look at when you need to determine if your place is really clean or not. If you pay attention to these small things every time you clean, you’ll see a huge improvement in how your place feels.
1. Kitchen surfaces will remain as good as new if you quickly wash them with a cloth immediately after you cook anything.
arixo / Imgur
2. Kitchen appliances should be cleaned well so that stains don’t remain there forever.
3. Cleaning sponges should be replaced every week and kept dry.
fede13 / Pixabay
4. Towels, oven gloves, and other textiles should be replaced once a week.
5. The bottoms of frying pans and cooking pots will always be clean if you wash them right after using them.
Alex4Ustas / Pikabu
6. Hard water in the kettle looks bad and makes the water taste worse. Splash it with water each time before using it and wash it with soap every week.
aiditz / Pikabu
7. You can avoid the bad smell from the trash can if you buy a bucket with a lid and wash the bucket every week.
8. Sofas, armchairs, and pillow cases should be washed at least 2 times a year.
alexbell / Pikabu
9. When cleaning dust, don’t forget about doorknobs, switches, and power outlets. They’ll always be clean this way.
succo / Pixabay