Imagine that you have moved to a new house, but you are broke now because of the mortgage. Or that you want to refresh your home interior on a very frugal budget. In this case you might find it useful to replace pricy materials with cheaper ones and to find ideas on how to renew furniture and appliances.
Enlighten is going to tell you what to use instead of high cost ceramic tiles, what to do with those ugly old wooden panels, how to save on wall paint, and much more.
1. Use plastic panels instead of tiles. They are much cheaper but look just as good.
Christa Grover / pexelsalex_otdelka_magnitogorsk / instagram
2. Use vinyl stick down tiles on top of your old floors, instead of changing them completely.
3. Buying new kitchen cabinets is not cheap, so try to freshen your old ones up using paint and new handles.
Malassah / imgurMalassah / imgur4. Save money by buying rattan furniture.
5. If you don’t like rattan, changing the upholstery instead of buying a completely new sofa is also an option.
Naomi Hébert / unsplash
6. Instead of buying a new interior door, save money by using a string curtain.
7. If you live in a house with a brick interior, keep one or all walls bare to give the interior a loft-like feel.
Colour Creation / pexels
8. Buy glass sheets and a cheap tile cutter to make a beautiful mosaic yourself.
MYuenS / pixabay